Pretty Eggs, The Neighborhood Hunt and Swordplay!


We are so thankful for this long weekend. Our family was much in need of some together downtime! So our days have been filled with loads of activities with the 2 little people we love the best! :)


We tried dying Easter eggs naturally! I found instructions at Twig and Toadstool and used beets for pink, red cabbage for blue and turmeric for yellow.

The kids loved getting their hands in the bowls of dye (poor Tait had to be reduced to a spectator because she insisted on drinking the stuff! Bleh!) but I was worried it wasn't going to work. The eggs didn't seem to be changing color even though we held them under the dye for some time.

I did take the advice of leaving them overnight and I'm so thankful I did! We weighted them down with old dish clothes....

And the next morning, we were pleasantly surprised! The blue was fabulous! The pink was a little disappointing since it wasn't as vibrant as I'd hoped but I think it maybe should not have been left in as long. The girls and I made little holders for them and they are now gracing our kitchen table!

Then we were off on our neighborhood Easter egg hunt! It took Taitum a while to catch on but by the end she was picking up eggs left and right!

Piper is a seasoned pro and ended up with quite the bag full of treats!

Oh the bliss!

Life is good!

After a visit with my grandparents, much of the girls time was spent in a newly found favorite pastime...

Daddy bought them styrofoam swords while I was in the grocery store! They spent part of the afternoon outside swordfighting and then went right back at it after supper!

You've met your match, Daddy-o!

Ahoy Me Hearties!

I believe we may have found a new way to settle sibling disputes in our home! Haha! I have to admit, it is terribly fun, playing with swords! And a fantastic way to wear off that sugar induced energy!

Hope you are having a fantastic time making memories with your family!


Enjoy the little things in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.

posted under |

2 comments:

The Little Truffle Maker said...

Your egg decorating story has also brought back memories for me---of our days doing just that. Very important tip!!! Do NOT let your kids hide the real eggs (unless the insides have been removed). We made this mistake when our two were the ages of your wee ones----and a few of the eggs, kind of got "lost". They were not "found" until a few months later----when Grandma noticed a very bad odor coming from her Foot stool. Low and behold, she found a few very old Easter Eggs--we learned our lesson the hard way.
Happy Easter to you and yours
Sandi

Gina said...

Hahaha! Thats too funny Sandi!

I did remove the insides of the eggs while the kids were napping but it has its downside too since they are much more breakable! Several suffered the forceful grasp of a toddler or the butter fingers of a preschooler! It didn't defeat the fun though! There are bound to be lots of accidents when little people are involved!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments