Easter Share!

I come across all kinds of great ideas when browsing through the blogosphere. Some I use, some I don't because we either just don't have enough time to fit everything in or its just a little too advanced for my kids. But I thought I'd share with you some of the great Easter activities that I've found! Perhaps there will be something there that you can use to add to the joy of this upcoming holiday!

Wooden Peg People - I cannot wait until the girls are old enough to make these themselves! Since they obviously are not specifically an Easter craft, I may attempt to make a few myself for them to play with should I manage to find the time. I just think they are so darn cute! Oh, and making a miniture playscape for them to live in would just be the icing on the cake!

Jelly Bean Prayer - this is something I hope to implement this year by adding a bag of jellybeans to their Easter baskets with the poem. I'd like to make this an Easter tradition.

Homemade Creme Eggs - I wanted so desparately to make these this year but for the life of me, could not find small enough egg molds! So I'm tucking this one away for next year and hoping I will remember to find some molds online far enough in advance!

Wax Painting Easter Eggs - This is one of those activities I've placed on the back burner til the girlies are older! These eggs are so bright and colorful though! I can't help but love them!

Hill of Calvery - Despite the fact I came across this one in enough time to accomplish it, I just felt like it was way too much work for this year. Especially when I considered that the grass would likely be pulled out in a matter of minutes and the little crosses used as a teether when my back was turned. Yep, this one is going on the "when they're older" list!

The Way Of Light Wreath - Pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs - We are doing this one! Or we're going to try, at least! I'll let you know how it goes!

Resurrection Eggs - This is another activity that we plan on implementing as part of our Easter morning. These are the eggs we are going to hide for the kids, then tell the Easter story as they open them!

Resurrection Cookies - I'm debating trying this one. I love the idea but anything that directs me to "beat egg whites into stiff peaks" usually fails when I'm in the kitchen. As well, considering that baking with littles can be a bit of a gong show, I can imagine that the goal of sharing the story of Jesus death and resurrection will get lost in the mayhem. SO, Resurrection Rolls are more likely the route we will take! ( They had me at refrigerated crescent dinner rolls! )

Easter File Folder Game - Piper and I so enjoy file folder games, I'm sure going to try to get this one together at least in time for the weekend!

Farm Fresh Eggs - Simply adorable!

Birch Bark Basket - This makes me smile. Someday....

Silk Dyed Eggs - These eggs are the prettiest I have ever seen! I was half tempted to sit and do these myself some night but lately cozying up on the couch with a blanket and a good book have been far too alluring! But I'm pretty sure that next Easter should include a girls night where we make these and hang them like this!

Wow! I had way more to share than I realized! I hope some of it inspires you! Tell me if you give one of these things a try! I love to hear of what worked well and what didn't, what your favorite idea was or of fun Easter related activities I didn't share!

Have a wonderful Easter, everyone!

posted under |

4 comments:

Mya said...

Okay, the silk eggs are GORGEOUS (count me in om the girls night next year!) and the little wooden peg fairies and gnomes made me squeal out loud! I love them.

Andrea Cook said...

okay so as usual....i'm stealing ideas from you!!!! I agree...those silk eggs are gorgeous and i want to do them (this year sucks since we aren't going to be home and busy trying to find a house to live in all easter weekend!) maybe next year...heck i'm not sure i care if it's even easter to try those out! Resurrection eggs looks like a fabulous idea as well! totally want to do that although i'm scared i'm going to upset the girls with how badly jesus was treated. It's important for us to know but can a 3 and 4 year old understand it and be able to process the spear in his side and being whipped?? i totally want to do this but may wait a few years not sure, i don't want them to have nightmares :( As you know i already plan to do the cookies....great idea and i'm sure i probably got that idea from you last year or from a blog you've directed me to! looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend!

Andrea Cook said...

oh i forgot to say...that site for how to make silk eggs.....i now want to make ALL of those recipes she has going down the side of the page....they look so yummy!

Gina said...

Best Bites is a great blog! I've made many recipes from it and they're always fantastic!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments