Letting Loose

 Over the past week of Christmas break, I have learned that I find it hard to 'relax'. I like my schedule and routine and when I'm not following it I feel like the world is going to come crashing down around me! Well, guess what? It didn't! Yes, my house is a bit messier than normal and we are running out of groceries and I don't know what we're having for supper tomorrow night...but we are OK! In fact, I've come to enjoy this little break from real life. Its even *possible* that I needed it. The thing is, life for me is relaxed because of organization and routine. I'm calm when I know what needs to get down by the end of that day. But I think it is good to 'let loose' a little, especially with the kids! We've spent days of playing board games and with new toys. We've gone sliding and skating and built snowmen. We've watched movies almost everyday. We've drunk hot chocolate before bedtime and ate candy before lunch. Basically, we've broken all the house 'rules'. And it has been fun and healthy and good! A week from today we will return to our routine day of schooling and housework and cooking and healthy habits but, hopefully, refreshed and ready to take on the cold months ahead!
 


Taitum's first time sliding! She giggled the whole way down the hill!






Technically, this was Piper's first time sliding too since she'd only ever slid down the hill in our backyard. She even slid down this hill (and climbed back up) all by herself!

Yay for family fun!
Playing Busytown, a Richard Scarry board game! This was SO much fun! I'll tell you all about it in another post!


Piper's first time skating! We began with her screaming and clinging to me but by the end she was so proud of herself for learning to keep her feet straight so I could push her around and even stand up n her own!

I couldn't help but end my post with this. It was on our new calendar for today and made me laugh!


posted under |

2 comments:

Andrea Cook said...

YAY busytown mystery game....our girls got that game from their uncle for christmas too and they love it!!

Gina said...

I know, eh?! I love it! Its one I actually enjoy playing - it doesn't bore the life out of me!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments