Sharing Some Yum!

I tried several new recipes in the past few days and thought I'd share them since they are "Fall-ish". There is nothing cozier then being in the kitchen baking sweet goodies this time of year! I try not to eat too much of it so I take any opportunity I can to bake for groups of people!

First, I tried a Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe for our Halloween party. You can't go too terribly wrong with cheesecake and this one was good! My only mistake (and I knew it was a mistake beforehand but did it anyway!) was using softened tub cream cheese instead of the regular brick. It made for a mushier cheesecake then I like but was still totally edible! I added the spiderweb with melted chocolate in a piping bag. You can find the recipe here: http://www.joyofbaking.com/PumpkinCheesecake.html


Together Piper and I also made Halloween Sugar cookies. I was so excited that this recipe ( http://www.joyofbaking.com/halloweenrecipes/HalloweenCookies.html )worked out because up to this point I had no 'go to' recipe for when we make cookie cutter cookies for any occasion. Well, this is the one! I loved it not only because it was simple and tasty but also because you can make up the dough the night before! I did and the next morning was able to pull it out of the fridge and get right to Piper's favorite part - the cookie cutters! I plan on making these again at Christmas with her! I did find that the cook time was too long as a few in my first batch burned a little but my oven may just be extra hot.

My only disappointment was that I didn't get to try out the Royal icing recipe. This was my own fault since I didn't read ahead to the fact that it calls for egg whites or meringue powder as an alternative. Considering how much of the icing Piper eats as she is decorating the cookies, I felt egg whites probably wasn't the best plan and had no time to go buy meringue powder...maybe next time. Instead I used this icing recipe which worked well too: http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2880/powdered-sugar-icing.asp



Mama's little helper!

Last of all, are one my favorites - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies! This is not a new recipe for me. I found it online last year but have enjoyed it so much, I've gotten into the habit of baking several batches each fall! Piper and I made some this afternoon for the home Bible study group that comes to our house Monday nights. Considering there were only a couple left at the end of the night, I'd say I'm not the only one who enjoys them! http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies-iii/Detail.aspx



posted under , |

3 comments:

Connie said...

Attesting to all but the pumpkin cookies - DELISH! Thanks for the cookie tip, I was looking for a good one.

Moi, la perdue! said...

so gooooooooddd....thanks again!!

Gina said...

you're welcome! glad you enjoyed it! Connie, may be I'll have to bring some cookies by this weekend ;)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments