Prince Daddy

Today I was so very tired. Monday is my busiest day of the week and so it only makes sense that on Tuesday it catches up with me! Overall, I deal pretty well with days such as this. Being tired is part of motherhood and you learn to cope. My girls were fantastic today, too! They played together well, listened, napped nicely....I couldn't have asked for better behaved kids! And that makes a world of difference!
But tonight once supper was over and dishes were done, I was so ready to flake out on the couch. Instead, I had 2 cuties asking me to play. How could I say no? Quite frankly, I couldn't. Spending time with them is more important then how I feel. So off I went to the riveting imaginary play of dollhouse (in which I have to be the Mama and we basically reinact the whole day with a few crazy incidents thrown in...namely, a giant baby invading the house...).
Once that was done, Piper agreed to letting me braid her hair, It is getting so long but she rarely lets me do anything with it. She likes it down no matter how out of control it may be. Fine with me. I believe in choosing your battles and thats one I'm not interested in fighting. But tonight we were all in such a happy, lovey-dovey mood that she agreed even to the point of getting the elastic and brush for me. (It also helped that I told her princesses like to have their hair braided!)

Well, the 'princess' braid led to her needing to don her Sleeping Beauty dress-up gown and shoes. Next was a request for Dada to dress up as a prince and as ever, Dada was up to the challenge!

When he came out of the room with his princely garb, Piper's face lit up in joy and disbelief! Who knew Daddy could pull this off so well!? Of course Taitum then needed her tutu and we turned on their favorite dancing song - "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. My girls danced with their Prince Daddy as I snapped away with the camera. Then Piper asked that I join them. So there we were, the four of us dancing all around, laughing and giggling and having the best of times!

And you know what? I didn't feel so tired anymore! I have a sneaking suspicion that the remedy to a mother's exhaustion may be simply enjoying her family....

posted under , |

1 comments:

Connie Mingo said...

Aww, every little girl should have a prince for a Daddy!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments