The Perfect Cupcake & A Princess Debate

It was my Dad's birthday this week so I went to work looking for a recipe that would make him feel loved on his b-day! I came across a recipe for Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Icing. Even typing it causes me to drool! To make a long story short, the cupcakes and icing turned out perfectly and the birthday boy was happy as were his guests. The icing really was to die for but the cupcakes weren't totally what I had hoped for. Maybe because of the bittersweet chocolate. I mean, they were dark! I should have figured! If you like that, then this is the recipe for you! But I went on the search again for a different chocolate cupcake recipe that would meet my fancy. I found one at Joy of Baking and because we had friends coming over I thought I'd give it a whirl and use up the leftover icing I had. Once the batter was made, I was very afraid for my cupcakes...it was REALLY liquidy. But I thought, why stop now? So I scooped the runny batter into the muffin tins, pretty sure that this recipe would be a fail. 18 minutes later, I was pleasantly surprised! These cupcakes were DELICIOUS! They were everything I ever wanted in a chocolate cupcake! They were moist but dense. They tasted truly and perfectly chocolately and with the peanut butter buttercream on top, they were pure bliss! They were a little undercooked which I personally like but if you don't, cook them for the full 20 minutes. Also, fill the tins nearly to the top since they don't rise very much but they do leave a nice flat service condusive to icing!

Batch #1


In other happenings, Piper and I had a riveting debate this morning over breakfast about what princesses wear to bed. She claims they wear their pretty dresses because if they don't have their princess dress on they are no longer a princess. I told her that just wasn't true. Everybody, EVEN PRINCESSES, wear pajamas to bed! But Piper would hear none of it, no matter how hard I tried to reason with her...a princess dress would be uncomfortable to sleep in, their dresses cost so much that they wouldn't want to ruin them by sleeping in them, wearing a princess dress does not make you a princess - its all about who your Daddy is (or who you marry!)...Regardless of all this, Pipe held firm to her conviction about a princess's bedtime attire and I have a feeling one of these nights I'm going to find a little princess in her bed with a princess dress on! :)

Ok, so maybe she does have a point!

posted under , |

2 comments:

Stephanie M. Page said...

oh so yum! and they look beautiful. GREAT job!! My princess would want to sleep in her princess dress if i let her too. ;)

Gina said...

Thanks Stephanie! It sounds like our little princesses would get along very well!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments