Time With Tait

Of my three children, I think it would be fair to say that Taitum is the one who gets the least amount of one on one time with me.
Piper and I hang out during Tait's nap time and Renly has my undivided attention pretty much whenever she needs it...like 3am....
I don't spend too much time worrying about this or feeling guilty.
The truth of the matter is that Taitum gets lots of time with me.
I make a point of including her in everything even if what we're doing is a little advanced for her.
I go out of my way to provide her with opportunities that are more at her level.
Its just that its always in the company of her sisters.
Which is good.
I'm glad they get to grow up together, sharing everyday life with one another, forming a forever friendship.
But this afternoon when the girls' Nana took Piper out for a while and Renly was napping, I grabbed the opportunity to spend alone time with my second born girly!
Because I love her.
Her quirky little personality, silly antics and sweet comments made in the most adorable 2 year old voice!
And spending time with just her is a delight. I fall in love all over again!
I know its not something I can do everyday but I revel in the times that I can hang out with each of the girls separately.
Their individual relationship with me is important.
They are important.
And as much as I think its beneficial to grow up with siblings and to be part of a family dynamic, I also want them to know I love and appreciate who they are all on their own too!

So here we are, Taitum and I baking cookies.
Snickerdodles to be exact.
(Which Tait would say in the cutest way!)
She was extremely enthusiastic about getting to bake!












I love who you are, Taitum Jubilee!







posted under , |

1 comments:

Heather said...

thank you for this...intentional parenting. :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments