Fall Foodies

I was very excited when I came across this chili recipe on Pinterest.
I thought it was the solution to my family's anti chili stance.
Although spicy, it was also sweet!
Perfect for my 2 kiddos who balk at the idea of eating anything with a bit of zing to it!

In the end, Sweet and Saucy Chili was delicious.
And my kids hated it.
It was sweet but also spicy.
Back to the drawing board, I guess!

Personally, I thought it was a fun alternative to the usual pot of chili.
It contained chicken rather than ground beef which I loved!
The sweetness came from a can of jellied cranberries.
Delectable!


Last week, I made these Cranberry Crumb Bars.
I love, love, love anything with cranberries in it and these did not disappoint!
The only thing I'll do differently next time is add some orange zest to the cranberry mixture.
There is orange juice in it but the flavor was not evident.


Give them a try and tell me what you think!

posted under |

1 comments:

andrea said...

my kids would never eat chili either UNTIL....i started serving them in little mini tortilla bowls...yum!! Apparently it's all in the presentation with kids..lol. i just used my normal chili recipe...can of tomatoes, chili powder, White kidney beans (since i dislike the red ones and i find the skin on the white ones less tough), grated carrot, hamburg...then i cut small flour tortillas in half. Rub a little olive oil on either side then fold them up in a muffin tin..bake at about 400?? i can't quite remember but either 400 or 425 sounds about right. bake them until they are brown. they will hold their shape and i just spoon a little chili in them, sprinkle some cheese and voila they look delicious!! and taste great too. I actually prefer them this way too. i have some pictures of these but not on this computer.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments