Good In The Bad

For the past 5 days I have been sick.
Well, technically, I was only really sick on Sunday.
Every half an hour.
For 24 hours.
Blech.

So the past 4 days have been slow, agonizing recovery.
Surviving on eggs and toast and flat ginger ale.
Fetal position on the couch.
I can't even remember the last time I washed my hair.
Yep.
Pretty bad.

But tonight, I am hungry!
Which is immensely exciting.
Its annoying to be forced to eat food when there is no appeal.
But tonight I've had my first actual meal in days and am still devouring everything in sight.
I think I am finally on the mend!

And as crappy as illness is and as painstakingly slow as recoveries are, I'm reminded so obviously of all I have to be thankful for....

A body that has the resources to sustain me despite days without food and thats capable of recovery all while protecting and nourishing the little babe inside of me.

A hubby who is amazingly good at juggling a demanding work week, parenting 2 very energetic little girls and nursing me back to health.

A mom who folds my mountains of laundry, sweeps the dirt from under the couch and reminds me that I'm tough.

A dad who drives that mom to my place even though he is plagued with the same awfulness I am.

A mother-in-law who jumps right in to help and leaves a fridge full of groceries in her wake.

Sweet girlies who play together ever so well around (sometimes on) their sick ol' Ma and clean up when I ask them to.

Grace to see all the good in the bad.

posted under , |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were expecting again - Congratz! And that would make the flu all the worse. I am glad you are on the mend!

Gina said...

Thanks Anne! We are so excited to add another little to our family! (Even if it has been a rough start to things! lol)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love motherhood.

We're a smiling family.

I'm a covenant keeper.

I love my husband.

I am above self pity.

I am a nation builder.

Motherhood=Adventure

Worth more than rubies.


“I am more convinced than ever that even in the midst of the mundane, burdensome, and oftentimes frustrating tasks of life allotted to me as a mother, God wants me to find his joy. He wants every single day of my life to be a celebration of his blessings, whether large or small. He wants me to celebrate life ~ the life He has given me.”

~ Sally Clarkson







My Hubby

My Hubby
He's my bestest.

Piper

Piper
She is my compassionate, dramatic, fun to be around 6 year old. She loves to shop, get dressed up fancy and anything else that screams girly!

Taitum

Taitum
She is my goofy, snuggly 4 year old who loves to sing and dance and smile all day long!

Renly

Renly
She is our one year old smarty pants! She does all she can to keep up with her older sisters and to keep them in line!

Recent Comments